Mrs. Greenlees GQ interview
My name is Susan Greenlees. I grew up in Knoxville, Tennessee. I have been married to David Greenlees for 27 years. I have two sons and now a daughter, my son Trey and his wife Bailey, and my son Zach, who is at Colorado Christian University. Both of my sons are Geneva grads, from class 2011 and class 2015. I graduated from Wake Forest University with a degree in Business Administration and played golf there for 2 years. My first job was Sales with P&G in San Antonio, before leaving to teach high school math. I have been teaching for 30 years at Judson HS, Boerne HS, and Geneva (14 years).
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Riding on the back of my husband’s BMW motorcycle in the fall along the Blue Ridge parkway
2. What is your greatest fear?
Teaching the children of my former students…ha!
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
A sense of entitlement, or a quick premature verbal trigger of “I can’t….”
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Anything sarcastic…after all I am Mrs. Burnlees
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
Be a good dancer, in all genres of music
6. Which fictional figure do you most identify with?
7. What is your greatest regret?
That I didn’t try to play in the LPGA
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Still enjoying teaching after 30 years in the classroom, and raising my two sons, Trey and Zach
9. How would you like to die?
Peacefully in my sleep after I have lived a full life, traveling and enjoying my grandchildren
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
“I’m living the dream…”
Photo by Ashton Landis