Ms. Jacobson GQ Interview
My full name is Chelsie Dawn Jacobson and I am the proud aunt of four nephews and two nieces. In addition to loving my job because of my amazing boss (he typed this part)…my favorite pastime is seeing how often every week people either spell my name wrong (i.e. Chelsea) or call me “Mrs.” Jacobson. Before I became Mr. Shelton’s assistant, I was a Geneva kindergarten teacher.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Sleeping really late rolled up in tons of covers.
2. What is your greatest fear?
I hate that people might think that I made a mistake in my job.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
People thinking I made a mistake.
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Mr. Shelton says I tell people “Sure, I’ll be happy to do that for you” too much.
5. Which talent would you like most to have?
I have no athletic ability, so maybe I’d like to be able to catch a ball or make a basket?
6. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
The mouse in "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" because others have told me that even when I am working on something, if I see something else that needs to be done, I will start in on that right away, and I guess it just keeps going.
7. What is your greatest regret?
That I didn’t get to attend Geneva and learn all of the amazing things our students get to enjoy.
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
That I never call attention to my achievements.
9. How would you like to die?
See number one.
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
Photo by Anson Eggerss