Mr. Tye GQ Interview
My name is Steven Tye. I’m a husband (of 15 years), a father, and a high school dropout. I’m also an avid collector of 1:240 scale authentic Star Wars miniature game pieces.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being able to ride a bike to the local arcade, playing Dungeons and Dragons, and talking to my friends on a CB radio. Wait, that’s "Stranger Things". I want to live in the world of "Stranger Things." Wait, does this mean I’m just wanting to relive my childhood? Am I having a midlife crises?
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I don’t like when people pretend to be happy. I know you’re miserable, just own up to it.
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to control objects with my mind.
6. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
Eleven from "Stranger Things."
7. What is your greatest regret?
Leaving my job as a park ranger.
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Winning 4th place at an X-Wing Miniatures tournament.
9. How would you like to die?
Crying and in the fetal position.
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
I would love to teach a class on urban planning.
Photo by Luke Bower