Mr. Poole GQ Interview
My full name is Eric Paul Poole. I am married to Wendi Poole and the father of Lucy June Poole. I attended Plano East Senior High, McLennan College, UTSA. Fun Fact: I was pogo stick champion of Mesa, Arizona.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Beng in a band with Tom Bombadil and Johnny Cash
2. What is your greatest fear?
Any contact with a bureaucracy.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Their exasperating otherness…
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Go ask Mama” (to my daughter)
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could do laundry in my sleep.
6. Which fictional figure do you most identify with?
The Coyote from the Road Runner cartoons
7. What is your greatest regret?
Selling my 1970 Volkswagen Beetle- a devoted friend from my dissolute 20s
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Convincing my wife to marry me
9. How would you like to die?
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
Shaolin Kung Fu- because it would mean I had already mastered it