Bald Eagle 2/9
So what’s the point of spirit week?
- It’s an old Spartan tradition we recreate to provide the students with a classical historical touchstone.
- It’s just something fun to do in the middle of a long third quarter.
- It’s a useful tool for embarrassing the faculty.
- Mr. Ryden makes us do it.
- Cuz not nobody doesn’t like dressing up
- Fun? Frivolity?
- So we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- All of the above.
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, here are the dress themes for next week:
Monday February 12: Nerd Day: Dress your nerdiest (no, you can’t just wear your normal uniform…well, you can, but only if you are not trying to dress the theme)
Tuesday February 13: “Spirit Animal” Day: Dress as what you think your non-human spirit animal is [Yes, we know there are no such things, but it’s ‘spirit’ week…get it?]
Wednesday, February 14: Valentines Dress: You can go as small as wearing all red or pink or as big as coming as a box of candy or something Valentine related
Thursday, February 15: “Gangsters and Grandmas”: Come as either a gangsta (or old-school gangster) or a senior citizen (or a combination of both)…[sorry about the non-pc name of the theme
...teenagers are in charge of this…]
Friday, February 16: Frat Friday: Dress in your preppy best (actually, I guess that should be your preppy worst)
There will be costume contests every day at lunch for homework pass prizes.