Mrs. Ryden GQ Interview
My name is Becky Ryden. I am the first lady of Geneva because I am married to Brad Ryden, Head of School. We have four children. Alex (’11) who just finished his second year of med school at UTHSC, Ethan (’15) who is three years into a five year architecture program at UT Austin, Audrey (’18) who graduates this year and will go to TAMU to study visualization, and Eliot (7th grade) who has the privilege of being home alone for five years!!
I teach this illustrious class of magazine/journalism where we produce this website and four quarterly news magazines and one literary magazine.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
When someone else is cooking, it is 65 degrees and sunny, and all my family is together.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Going through an airplane tragedy like Tammy Jo Shults just did. She is beyond a rock star in my book.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Ignorance and a lack of wisdom.
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Princess. Air Drop. Oy! Anson, what are you doing?
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
To play a sport or an instrument at a professional level.
6. Which fictional figure do you most identify with?
Anne Hathaway’s character in “The Devil Wears Prada,” I actually lived that life once. (I know…you were thinking Miranda Priestly).
7. What is your greatest regret?
Sitting next to Ben Ross and Grant Williams in the Journalism room.
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Not putting Ben Ross and Grant Williams on magazine staff.
9. How would you like to die?
Taken up as I walk over the mountain like Moses.
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
A journalism/magazine elective that got national recognition for its writing and design…..all done with brand new computers that run super fast!