Mrs. Benz GQ Interview
My name is Emily Benz, and I am married to Mark. We have three children: Theresa, Jonathan and Andrew who are all grown and out of the house. We have two cats, also known as “Kitty Brats.” I have a BA from Duke University in religion and have a Spanish major from Benedictine University along with my Masters in Education. This is my first year at Geneva and I teach Spanish 1, Latin 1 and Humanities Lab.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Traveling someplace fun with people I care about, and eating lots of good food while I’m at it. I’ll settle for Swiss chocolate, a good book, and endless cups of tea, though.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Making mistakes! I’m out of luck there, because I make lots of them.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Like I said…” “Actually…” “The truth is…”
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
Be a really good pianist or singer. Teleporting would be awesome too.
6. Which fictional figure do you most identify with?
I “escape” by reading fiction, so the character in whichever book I’m reading. If I can’t identify with (or don’t like) the main character, I don’t finish the book!
7. What is your greatest regret?
Not living in Europe for a few years (It’s not over yet!).
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being married for over 30 years and raising 3 amazing kids.
9. How would you like to die?
I’d prefer be raptured. Otherwise, pain-free and in my sleep (I’m a wimp…).
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
Hmmm, I’m loving going back to my roots with Spanish and Latin, but someday I’d like to add German back into the mix.