Mr. Milam GQ Interview
My full name is Michael Scott Milam. I am the husband of
Danielle Milam, my high school sweetheart, and the proud father
of Watson Milam, who just started kindergarten here at Geneva. I
graduated from Baylor University and Truett Seminary and served
as a youth pastor before coming to Geneva five years ago.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Taking my wife and son to Disney World on an unlimited dining
2. What is your greatest fear?
Living a life that fails to bring glory to God.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
I have two groups whose traits that I detest: those who lack
curiosity about the world and those who lack any desire to improve
4. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Actually,” “I just made a spreadsheet for that,” “Mr. Grover will
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
I am fairly content with my list of talents. I wish I had more time
to actually master the stuff I already do.
6. Which fictional figure do you most identify with?
7. What is your greatest regret?
That I didn’t learn the value of hard work and study until I was an
8. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
In order: becoming Danielle’s husband, becoming Watson’s dad,
leading students to Christ as a youth pastor.
9. How would you like to die?
10. What subject would be your dream to teach?
Bible is my primary passion. Beyond that, I love when my course
load gives me an excuse to learn something new.